Print the above image and use with page 2 - Lesson 4.
Lesson Four: Silent ‘h’ as in ghost and rhyme and hour
1. Read all the silent ‘h’ words you wrote on page 11.
2. Here are some more silent ‘h’ words.
Read them and discuss the meaning of each one with your tutor.
honesty scheme ghetto honours honourable
3. Look at the table below.
Read the words and discuss with your teacher how the words have been
4. Using the same categorisation, add the above words to the table.
5. Write the word ‘Rhodes’ in the correct column in the table.
silent h as in rhyme
6. Pick up a red pencil and trace over the silent ‘h’ in each word.
7. Read all of your silent ‘h’ words.
Print the above image and use with page 1 - Lesson 4.
NB: The Tutor Notes for Lesson Four are to be found with the Tutor Notes for Lesson Three.